Foreign Pilot Time Building

Note: Visa May Be Required, TSA Registration Not Required

Air America does not issue I-20's

Air America has one of the largest and newest fleets available for rental all at the lowest prices available.  This has made us a popular place for foreign pilots to come to rent aircraft for solo flying for the purpose of time building.  Our types of aircraft range from a C-172 all the way up to a 172SP with a G1000 Glass Cockpit and Piper Aztec Twins. For more information about our fleet, please click here.

Before being able to rent an airplane solo you will need to complete an Aircraft Rental Checkout with an Air America Flight Instructor and you will be required to convert your Foreign Pilot License into a FAA Pilot License.  For more information about this conversion process, please click here.


Air America cannot issue visas. To rent an airplane from Air America for the purpose of time building you must have a green card or a B-1 (Business), B-2 (Tourist), F-1 (Student), J-1 (Exchange Visitor), M-1 (Student) visa or be visiting from one of the 36 countries that participates in the Visa Waiver Program (VWP). There is no limitation to the amount of time building that you can do during the time your visa is valid in the U.S.